Despite all that is glorious about summer, it can really mess up morning routines. When you wake up sweaty in your sheets and your pillow has no cold side to be found, it’s hard to find the motivation to take a hot shower and put on adult clothes. A cup of hot tea is not going to help the situation, even if it's delicious energy tea. Summer is time for iced tea. Here are 3 ways to make it happen.
I want it now!
Sometimes you need your iced tea. And you need it now. That’s cool.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, and turn off that heat (it’s too hot in here already)
- Add 4 tea bags
- Let that tea steep for 3-6 minutes (green tea needs less time, black tea needs more)
- Put 3 cups of ice cubes into a pitcher and pour your tea over it (you could instead add 2 cups of cold water - your call)
- Serve with additional ice and sweeten the tea if you feel like it
Make iced tea in your sleep.
Cold brew overnight for a morning without boiling
- Fill a pitcher with 4 cups of water
- Add 6 tea bags
- Leave overnight
- Remove tea bags in the morning (they’ve been in there long enough)
- Serve with ice and maybe sweeten
- Pat yourself on the back; you’re a pro
I don’t like reading, and I am willing to wait.
Well we’ve got the iced energy tea recipe for you!
- Make tea how you usually would
- Put it in the fridge
- Drink it when it’s cold
- You’re welcome.
Now you can start your summer days a little less sweaty, and a little more caffeinated. Your co-workers will thank you.